Hospice services help those with a terminal diagnosis stay in their home, surrounded by family and friends.
Our hospice program provides compassionate end of life care and support in your home. Our team works in partnership with patients and their families to coordinate a continuum of care based on patients’ unique needs and wishes.
VNA’s hospice care focuses on comfort and symptom management. Our team is comprised of nurses, social workers, home health aides, chaplains, trained volunteers, and bereavement counselors. Physical, occupational and speech therapists, as well as wound care specialists, are available as needed. These are some of the ways that Hospice can help.
- Managing physical symptoms
- Offering emotional support to individuals and their families
- Providing information about changes one might experience as the illness progresses
- Guiding families in giving care and support to their loved one
- Preventing hospitalizations with a hospice nurse available any time, day or night
- Making bereavement support available to families in a variety of ways